The debate contests one cannot be considered Roman Catholic under the circumstances of divorce and remarriage - (See example).
While the consensus disagrees, arguing if the article subject [Gavin Newsom] considers himself Catholic, it isn't for editors to decide amongst themselves that he isn't.
San Francisco's resident Cougar Cub and renowned blogger, Beth Spotswood, describes the above photo:
"We've got the Virgin Mary, Hillary Clinton and Jesus."
... And, dont forget the Graffiti).
Meantime, everyone knows, Gavin’s ex-girlfriend, CIA Miami Actress Sofia Milos converted him to the Church of Scientology:
- SFFD Firefighter’s Ball by San Francisco Chronicle’s Catherine Bigelow
- Sofia Milos Attends 35th Anniversary of Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre by Hollywood Reporter, August 14th 2004
A group called the Way to Happiness Foundation International sent a box full of booklets to Newsom's City Hall office describing some of Scientology's core principles.
The pamphlets came emblazoned with the seal of the city of San Francisco and featured a picture of a smiling Newsom with a fictitious letter from him.
- City Orders Scientology Group to Cease Using Mayor’s Image by NBC11.com.
- Group Censured for Using Newsom’s Image in Pro-Scientology Booklet by San Francisco Chronicle’s Cecilia M. Vega
- Newsom's Car Vandalized by Brent Begin, San Francisco Examiner
- Gavin Newsom: Chubby Chaser by Brock, SFist
- Newsom Endorses Clinton
- Menke Rejects Daly's Endorsement
- Gavin Sucks.com Endorses Newsom
- Stop These Aerosols!
- Mayor Places Bounty on Tagger
- Chicken John's Graffiti Party