The reigning Chump, Gavin Newsom, climbed into the ring less than willing to spar with serious unknowns like Quintin Mecke, Dr. Ahimsa Porter-Sumchai, Lonnie Holmes and Harold Hoogasian.
Yet, with 78% Approval Ratings and a roomful of backward Progressives:
Why give a pretender a shot at the title?
GavinWatch Report Card:
- At least nine of Gavin’s challengers are serious candidates capable of making strong arguments for why we need a new Mayor. The audience was generally engaged and impressed.
- Gavin has little respect for his challengers. He sauntered in 45 minutes late, eating into the time of the only forum he’s agreed to attend.
- Gavin only participated on the condition that ABC7 not broadcast the debate, thus depriving a large audience of seeing how he stacks up to the competition.
- Gavin refuses to participate in any real, televised debates that gives candidates more than 30 seconds to speak or allows for rebuttals.
Though she described Gavin as tardy and superficial – Ouch! Hearsay has it, Cecilia's pulling her punches (and breaking my heart) as the rumor mill spins:
While gossipers are gullible, this blogger remains uncompromised (by the facts). Let me assure you, I have the utmost integrity and given the opportunity to get up close and personal, I promise to keep a professional distance - that'll be $50.00 Gav!
"The striking reporter is romantically linked with the handsom mayor."
- Vote: Do you agree with Newsom's “Services or Citation” Homeless Plan?
- Vote: Would You Dump Daly?
- Vote: Is Cecilia M. Vega Your Favorite Gav Girl?